1.24.2012

What I'll Miss About NY

**For the next few days I'll be blogging both here and on my new blog. I hope you'll follow me there!
Although I'm extremely excited to be moving someplace new, there are so many things that I will really miss about the place I've called home for the past 8 years. Most importantly, I'll miss being on the same coast as our families and our friends that have become like family. I'll miss the amazing food that is always just a few steps away, the culture, and being able to walk absolutely everywhere. I'll miss our apartment and even our cute, little doorman who's greeted me home every night. I'll miss the Sunday night dinners that Brett and I have with our greatest of all friends, Dave. And before I get too teary eyed I'll let the following photos do the rest of the talking...



























Brooklyn has been so good to us and I feel pretty damn lucky to have lived here for as long as I did. Don't get me wrong, there are certainly things I won't miss but I think the good out-way the bad too much to list those. I've been looking at our move not as if we're leaving New York but as we're just talking a break from it. It's pretty exhausting living here and sometimes you need to leave in order to really appreciate it.

With that said, the next few days will be spent packing up the rest of our things and saying "goodbye" to our friends so that we can leave super early this Sunday.
And because this town has spoiled me with good food, I will be posting a few of my favorite restaurants. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Nice post. Those kids are so darn cute!