6.09.2010

A Proposal Story (warning gushy post ahead)

We're back from California and it was one of the most amazing vacations a girl could ask for! Let me tell you one of my favorite stories of the trip.

The third day of our vacation (we were still in LA)
Brett suggested that we go to Griffith park to watch the sunset before we went to dinner. I was all for it since I had never been before.

We got to the park and Brett was driving rather fast (hence the blurry picture). I told him to slow down but he said he didn't want to miss the sunset.

We started walking up the trail and I was just taking pictures and taking in the scenery. The whole time Brett was really quiet (not like him at all). At one point I even asked him if he was feeling ok. He said he was just "taking it all in". So we kept walking...
I asked Brett if I could take his picture. (Clearly, he looks very nervous and not like himself - notice hands in pockets.)

Then we walked some more and as we were almost to the top of the mountain Brett asked if he could take my picture and I of course said yes...

You may be wondering why I look weird and slightly confused in this photo. And that would be because while Brett was taking the picture he said "this is the very last photo of you as a single woman!" Brett proposed right then and there!

I, of course, immediately started crying...

...and freaking out...

...and then we made many phone calls :)

It was the most perfect place and was by far the most amazing feeling I've ever felt! It's been almost two weeks since we got engaged and I'm still just as giggly and still have the same amount of butterflies. I'm so happy and feel so lucky to be able to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. I love you Brett!!!

9 comments:

Alana said...

Erin!!! So sweet!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!! What a cute story to tell, glad you shared.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! Great post! Hooray for Erin & Brett!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh! I love that story!!!
Lucky us to have Brett in our family!
Mom

Kaitlin said...

Great love story : ) WooHoo!!

Lindsey said...

LOVE it too!!! Great post :)

Meghan said...

You gush meister! Brett made it awfully tough for Erin sisters' future engagement stories to be topped! So happy for you guys!

Chris S said...

Krista and I are so happy for both of you!! We were reminiscing this weekend when we were in the Cape/ MV about our perfect week in Nantucket a few years back with you and Brett :)

alyson said...

aw, congratulations!!!!! such cute photos of you two also.

Anonymous said...

This post STILL makes me smile! Yay!