10.18.2009

A Rainy Weekend


It was really cold and rainy this weekend but it was still nice. My awesome sisters and mom gave me a really nice cowl from Seedknits for my birthday. We saw God of Carnage which was also a gift from one of my sisters. (Thanks Kris and Joe!!) Made some vanilla-almond waffles and bacon.

Here's the recipe I used.

1 egg, room temperature and separated 1 cup all purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour to make it a little heathlier) 1 tsp baking powder 1/8 tsp salt 1 tbs brown sugar 3/4 cup milk 1 tbs vanilla extract 3 tbs butter, melted and cooled 1/4 cup almonds (slivered) Beat egg white in a small bowl until stiff and set aside. Mix together dry ingredients and set aside. Combine egg yolk, milk, vanilla and butter. Add to dry ingredients, mixing until just blended. Fold in beaten egg white until just mixed. Do not overbeat batter. Cook on waffle iron and add almonds after it is cooked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! The waffles look delicious!! Thanks for the recipe. =)