7.08.2011

Art School





























Yesterday, Brett showed me this article he found about one of the professors that had taught at Pratt (where we went to college). After reading it, we both seemed to be instantly inspired and it brought back a lot of the great memories of our college years. It reminded us what graphic design is all about and why we're even in this field. Brett was fortunate enough to have him as a professor and it may sound silly but I think he had an impact on the work that he does today. I, on the other hand, never signed up for his class and I truly regret it. He passed away 4 years ago.

The article is about Charles Goslin, a professor who taught graphic design at Pratt for 50 years. The man is a design legend. (See the few, yet amazing examples above and you'll see what I'm talking about.) I won't go on explaining his work because I feel like I could never do it justice. Whether you are a designer or not, I highly recommend that you read this article. Either way you'll learn something.

No comments: