5.13.2010

I love you NY...


...but you're stressing me out! So after work last night I went to go move my car (because of alternate side parking) which was about 3 blocks away from my apartment. I was walking down the road and thought hmm I don't see my car, maybe it's behind that big SUV. I walked up to the SUV, nope, nada my car was gone. GONE! I automatically freaked out and called Brett. (That's what I do best). I asked him if he had moved the car and he said he hadn't. Next thing we did was call the tow pound thinking maybe the city just felt like towing my car for no reason. Nothing. So, all I could think of was my car was stolen. Total bummer.

So as I was freaking out, Brett went to double check to make sure the car really wasn't there. He came back to the apartment and said he noticed the road had just been paved, probably within a day or two. (He's so smaht!) I felt a little calmer but where the heck was my car? After a few phone calls we finally found out that my car had been "relocated". Since the road needed to be paved, some city official had towed my car about 2 blocks from where I parked it and decided not to tell me. Amazing right? I do love you NY but it's times like last night that make me not like you so much.

3 comments:

Alana said...

Awh man that sounds awful!!!!!!!!!! :) I would have lost my shit.

Kaitlin said...

that's incredible

Meghan said...

That is redonculous! Let's move south!